24 September 2008

nee knee in A n' E.

I had a knee once. It was a good knee - as opposed to my bad knee which seemed to creak and click a bit and was occasionally uncomfortable. No, my good knee was the best, good and strong, never complained about anything. It was the kind of knee i could always rely my weight upon, i would often do this as i swung the foot beneath my bad knee at a ball.

Isn't it funny how Saturdays can change things. Here was i, doing my thing, relying on my best knee, when a large weight, i assume a body of one which desired said ball, came in crashing to my good knee from the side. It did twist and it did give, though not in a way which was ought nor familiar.

I didn't know i even had a medial collateral ligament. That fact has changed. And folk are caught exactly between staring and looking away as i pass in a splint with a limp and an old man's stick, the stick of my late grandfather-in-law from whence he was dealt a similar tackle. Chief starers thus far are young, fit men whose own mortality is met in my limp. I'm ignored by Big Issue sellers and a three legged cat this morning saw fit to gawp quizzically at my peculiar immaneuverability.

No comments: