19 January 2010

Head Room.

I used to be made fun of for being lttle, sometimes i still do. That's fine, at 5'7/5'8 and with a slight frame, i am quite little. Sometimes comments made are even funny.

Peculiar then, that for a man of my stature i find myself struggling for head room. Christmas and New Year has seen me and all sorts of my energies embroiled in
- assignment writing (no mean feat)
- exploring, considering and feeling all manner of tensions in church life
- the night shelter (and all affiliated cold weather matters)
- my 'calling' (whatever the hell that is)
- the process of being settled in a church come the end of my training
- my response to the Baptist Union's political and theological approach to matters of human sexuality.

All this as well as trying to have a sense of festive celebration, and my usual quandries over my existence and whether to opt for the beer or the scotch. I don't think i've done too badly, for a little fella.

No comments: