20 June 2008

Now i sweep the streets i used to own.

I've got Coldplay's next single here, Viva La Vida. There's plenty of discussion around what it's about. It seems apparent to me that it works as a cautionary tale of how power, of any sort, is fleeting and how no-one stays on top forever. This means that it's completely open to interpretation as far as the power it's, potentially, specifically talking about. Lots has been made of the French revolution (though mainly due to the album's artwork rather than any lyrical content). My take? Could it be that Coldplay's next No.1 hit is about the demise of Christendom?

1 comment:

Mimosa said...

Hi,

I don't remember if someone mentioned that to me in another blog, or whether I thought it up myself, but anyway, made me think of Neduchadnezzar in Daniel 4.

It made me think of another king too, the one who had sickness and bcos he turned to God was given more days/lifetime to live than he even thought of..Escapes me now at this hour who it was. So many kings in the Bible :P

Totally agreed with you comment on ASBO by the way.

Blessings,